Sunday, November 7, 2010

George the tree

Most of the time I try to use this blog as an opportunity to be creative in my photography.  Some days all I can manage is a quick snapshot over dinner.  Finally, when looking back at the images I've created throughout the year, I realize this blog also serves as a photographic journal of what's been going on in my life over the past 10 months.  The photo today falls into that category.  This week we broke ground on a new addition to our house in Blowing Rock and I wanted a shot to capture that event.  We drove up to BR today to do a few things and check on the first few days of work.  This was a happy and sad day because this week they cleared out trees.  Happy, because we're glad to be started; sad, because I always hate to lose a tree.  George is standing on the stump of where a nice maple stood a few days ago.  It was mid-day and with the sun as glaring as I've ever seen, so the exposure is pretty bad, but it marks the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment