Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another uptown shot


I took some photos today of the continuing fall color, but I didn't like them as well as a couple I shot yesterday uptown after I had already completed my post.  (I consider anything after my post to be fair game for the next day, but I still take a photo every day.)  Right before the warden let us out of "jury duty prison", I found a little balcony off the jury selection room that looked out over the city.  Since you can't take cameras in the courthouse (why?), I did this with my iphone.  What I really like about these two shots is the way the waviness of the wires of the barrier around the balcony (fence, grill, I don't know what to call it) causes the entire shot to look like a reflection (especially in the "landscape" shot).  I shot through the barrier into a window reflecting a building with the line of the skyline sitting above.  As a plus, I got a nice sun spot on the "jukebox" Wachovia building.  I increased the contrast a little and lowered the saturation to get a somewhat "grungy" look that seemed to suit the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment