Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Teapot with dragon




I'm working on a project for my last photography class tomorrow night.  Our assignment is to create some images using the techniques we've learned over the past 4 weeks.  I've really enjoyed using the textures I created, so I'm doing some images incorporating some of those.  My favorite texture (as a standalone image) is a closeup photo of a scrapbook we bought in Bhutan made of handmade paper with an embossed gold and bronze dragon on the front.  I've wanted to use it, but couldn't find an image it worked with, so I took this one today of a Japanese teapot.  I layered the texture in the background and then erased part of it so it wouldn't show in the teapot itself.  I'm posting three images....the texture, the teapot photo before adding the layer and the final product.  This isn't a very practical texture, but it was fun creating a way to use it and at least it works thematically with the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment