Thursday, January 21, 2010

Descending garden stairs



This is a "bonus" post for today.  The style of this image went down a distinctly different path than my other self portraits and I was a little hesitant to present it at class last night, but it received much more attention than my other photos.  So, for documentation sake, I wanted to post it here.  Since I had already posted one already, I didn't post it Tuesday (George liked the one of me posing at the piano better), but I continue to be drawn to these dreamy, old-looking styles, so I wanted it included.  I really like the sunlight in this image, the framing of the trees and bushes and the stone walkway leading to the subject.  I also like portraits where the face is undetermined.

1 comment:

  1. It certainly has an ethereal quality that would provoke more reaction. It reminds me of the early ferrotype tin photos you might see of a southern bell walking through the garden on a warm summer day, minus your modern jeans of course. I almost feel the warmth of the sun…

    ReplyDelete