Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Deb in Living Room


Of course, just as we get to the end of the week, I'm actually starting to have fun with these self portraits.  Once I freed myself from thinking it was about "pretty" pictures I could get more creative.  The one I did today is in the "creative" category.  Not what I would have considered a portrait before this photography class, but after looking at portraiture of various artists I realize now that it really just refers to "images of people"....not a posed "portrait".  (In fact, this image is inspired by one of the recent photographs I reviewed).  Of course, by its nature, a self portrait is posed (it's hard to get a candid of yourself!), but it's fun to create images that don't look like they were done by a studio photographer.  Also, I've found that now that I've "gotten over myself" and begun to just look at my image as a subject, I don't have to impose on other people to do my work.  I think George is particularly happy that I have "found myself" in this sense. In my last class, every week he had to pose for me and he did not enter into the modeling world happily.  So....who knows what next week brings, but here's one more self-portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment