Saturday, September 11, 2010

Photo collages










I've been attracted to abstract recently.  Today I was inspired by a newsletter I receive, Photojojo (subscribe at www.photojojo.com).  The newsletter featured creative work by Phillip Maisel (check out his work at www.phillipmaisel.com).  What he does (and what I did) is takes a slow shutter speed image of the computer screen of photos in a facebook (or flickr or picasa, etc.) album.  As the shutter is open, you page through several photos to create a collage on one frame.  I did these very quickly and really couldn't tell how they would turn out until I cropped them on my computer.  Some were very interesting.  These are all my own images, taken from our trips to Africa, the Todd Liberty Parade (all photo albums on my facebook page) and images from this blog from my picasa page.  A totally different approach and I appreciate the inspiration.  Phillip's work puts mine to shame, so please check out his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment