Saturday, September 18, 2010

Afternoon light on the porch


We have been so very busy this past several days that I've had to squeeze in my photos and postings in mere minutes.  So, this afternoon I grabbed the camera and went out on the deck where there was some nice light.  One of these is a shot of just the light falling across the rough deck boards and the other is an old watering can sitting by the door.

One thing I realize when I take photos of strong lines is that it's always hard to figure out what line to make straight.  On the boards, I shot the left vertical straight and worked the diagonals to hit at about a 45 degree angle.  It still looks a little weird with the second vertical not straight, but I moved it all around and this was the best visual I could get.  The same issue occurred on the watering can.  I wanted a little bit of an angle so that the shadow below showed, but I finally straightened the edge of the can as much as I could without cropping out all the shadow.  So many things to consider in composing a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment