Thursday, June 24, 2010

Morning at Bass Lake




For those of you familiar with Bass Lake, you know what an incredible spot it is.  I've taken my camera there many times, but never felt satisfied with the images I made.  I've been looking at a lot of landscapes lately trying to figure out how to capture the essence of a natural scene.  In studying these photographers, I kept coming across people who would take the same scene or location again and again.  So I've decided to keep trying Bass Lake until I get some images that reflect the spirit I experience there.  This morning I was there before my first cup of coffee and the sun was very nice.  I decided to convert the shots to B&W and I'm fairly happy with what I ended up with.  A couple of these (the tree and the swampy area) have a lot of detail and the thumbnail size doesn't really work for them.  They are better viewed at a larger size.  I'll keep going to Bass Lake with my camera but at least I feel that I'm making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment