Thursday, January 7, 2010

Self Portrait with Camera


This is my first ever self portrait.







 I'm taking a photography composition class and our assignment this week is to document our daily lives.  Realizing that making photos is an important part of my routine, I decided to start with this image.  I took this in the mirror and then flipped it horizontally to correct the lettering on the lens.  I'm not sure this will be my final one....I think I can do better, but this was the best of the group I took today.  I can already tell that I'm thinking about composition as I rejected shots where my rings or watch were distracting or where my neck strap got in the way.  I don't think I would have noticed this before our class last night.  Also, I wanted enough of me in the picture to be identifiable, but I wanted the subject to the be camera, not me.  Maybe the title should be "Camera Portrait" and not Self Portrait....hmmmmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment