Monday, November 22, 2010

Anguilla sea and sky




Three photos for today.  Last night after I posted George and I went down to the little beach below our house so I could take some photos of the sunset.  We've had quite a bit of wind and rain, so we haven't been dry too many nights at sunset.  The first image is an HDR photo I put together from three photos, 2 stops apart  right as the sun was setting, when I still had a lot of light but too much contrast.  The second image is a long exposure photo (I think this one was 45 seconds) taken when it was almost dark, just using the remaining light from the sun and the rising moon (a "blue moon" by the way).  The sea was very choppy but in the long exposure image, the waves smooth out almost flat.  When this image is enlarged, it has an ethereal quality I like.  If we have another good night I might try it again and go for a much longer exposure.  This was the first photo like this I've taken, and I enjoyed the experiment.  The third photo was from this morning.  The sun was brightly shining at our house, but a dark storm was battering St. Martin across the way.  I like the abstract nature of this image.  By the way, this was a color image, not b&w, but all the colors faded away in the bright reflections and the dark clouds.  We're hoping for a little more sunshine tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment