Sunday, November 28, 2010

All good things must come to an end....

After an exhausting, frustrating travel day yesterday (finally getting home 4 hours late last night), I almost forgot about posting today.  We spent the day not doing much, but we needed to unpack and do laundry to put up our summer clothes for the season for good.  It always makes me sad to put away my summer clothes.  Warm weather always makes me think of simple, fun times.  Winter clothes seem so serious by comparison.  One of my favorite summer things is this thin cotton caftan that I wear as a bathing suit coverup when we're in the islands.  It's the perfect thing to throw over my bathing suit to have a lunch by the sea.  After washing it today I noticed how nice it looked hanging up and sensed my reluctance to part with it for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment