Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fan speed




Today marks the first day of the last month of my daily blog.  I must admit that I am surprised to still be posting at this point, especially without missing a day.  But I'm happy to be here.  It's nice to be able to see the end and at the same time it's been a good journey.  I wish I had been inspired today to do something great, but instead I spent most of the day organizing my photos.  I was down to 8 GB of memory on my laptop and knew I needed to organize, back up and purge, so that's taken my energy today, especially when late this afternoon I realized that I had maxed out my 500 GB backup drive, so now I have to organize and purge that one to make enough room to finish organizing my laptop.  It may be easier to just buy some more backup memory tomorrow.  We'll see.  It really has gotten out of hand.  Shooting in RAW is wonderful, but it definitely eats up the memory.  Anyway, I decided to play around with shutter speed today.  Not something I do a lot, but it was an easy assignment.  This is a little fan I have on my desk and I've always liked the retro look and the fact that it puts out a nice breeze for such a little gizmo.  These images are taken from 1/50 sec. to 1/400 sec. (the limit of the available light even at ISO 1600).

No comments:

Post a Comment