Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rainy day buttons


I've been carrying around a bag of clothes that have needed mending for several months.  I've been taking it back and forth to the mountains thinking I'd always find a time to get around to it.  Since one of my favorite fall blouses was in there, I finally broke down on this rainy morning and got it done.  It didn't take but a few minutes and I love the idea of not carrying around that bag anymore.  While I was doing it I got out my button box to find a button and noticed how nice these old buttons looked all jumbled together, so I decided to make that my photo today.  I started out thinking I wanted to shoot the buttons from the top to make my subject fill the frame, but after I started experimenting with perspective, I liked the side view better, with a shallower depth of field.  This view gives the image more dimension and just shows that it's almost always a good idea to shoot from various different angles.

I posted both images since I think the one shot from above looks like it would make a good jigsaw puzzle.  Another good way to spend time on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment