Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ornate light

I drove up to the mountains this afternoon and for the entire drive the sky was beautiful and dramatic.  The closer I got to the mountains, the wind started picking up and the clouds were moving very quickly.  Based on these wonderful conditions I decided to go to one of my favorite overlooks on the Blue Ridge Parkway, set up the tripod and get some long-exposure pinhole shots of the clouds.  I could just visualize the shots I wanted and was looking forward to some creative work.  Unfortunately, but the time I got here the wind had blown in totally gray, foggy conditions and my idea was a moot point.  So, once again, I started roaming the house looking for anything I hadn't already shot for the blog.  I took several photos....nothing I was really excited about....and this was the best of the lot.  This is an old light fixture in our back hallway.  I do like the shadowing in the image, but overall a pretty ho-hum way to end my 9th month of daily posting.

Maybe tomorrow the weather gods will favor me and I can get outside for some better work.

No comments:

Post a Comment