Sunday, March 11, 2012

Still life in morning sunlight

This week our lighting assignment was to photograph a subject using a combination of ambient light and "built" lighting.  I did the assignment yesterday afternoon using this subject and lighting the dark corner to balance with the existing light in my dining room.  This morning I went in to clean up and saw the lovely natural light coming through the windows and casting prisms throughout the room through the crystals of the chandelier.  I decided to take a quick shot with this lovely light (but no "built" aka "studio" light).  I liked this shot better than any I took yesterday and I liked the color better than the black and white.  I edited it with a great deal of clarity and saturation, so it took on a "painterly" quality that seems to fit the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment