Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall colors




I set out this afternoon to capture the quickly fading fall color. It's a gorgeous day with clear deep azure skies and the only thing missing? The leaves in BR just aren't very pretty this year. My intent was to find some beautiful leaves that had fallen and arrange them in good light to get a nice colorful image. Well, unless I wanted just a pile of shriveled up brown things, I was out of luck. I did find some passable leaves, but they were so dry that the photo was pretty flat. The drought this summer has really taken the oomph out of the foliage, and even for "peak weekend" (with more than peak crowds!), the views are pretty ho-hum. So, here's my best for fall in the mountains. Maybe we'll get a better show down the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment