Monday, October 25, 2010

Autumn sky

The sky was beautiful tonight so I decided to get a shot to use as a "sky background" when I'm doing Photoshop (I replace a lackluster sky with one with more interest).  Unfortunately all I had was my iphone and the resolution wasn't very good and the noise was high.  I decided to work with it however, because I wanted to try out a new function in Photoshop CS5 called Content Aware Fill.  In the original photo there were three thick power lines running through the photo.  With Content Aware, you simply draw a rectangle around the area you want to fix and like magic the power lines disappear.  It used to take a long time to do that with the clone tool, so this is a much faster process.  Not a wonderful image and I doubt the quality is good enough to really use as a background, but it was nice to learn a new step in PS.

No comments:

Post a Comment