Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The better to smell you with

Okay, so I'm a sucker for a pretty face.....  I went out a little while ago and got some okay shots of wildflowers near our house, but since I just posted flowers yesterday (and they are starting to appear more than George and the cats!) I couldn't resist posting this quick shot of our neighbors' dog Grits.  She has a beautiful face and although in this shot, the focus fell squarely on her nose, her sweetness shines through anyway.  Since I was taking photos of flowers, I had the aperture fully open (f1.4) to get a nicely blurred background, and I didn't take the time to increase my depth of field before I snapped this image.  She'll have to be my subject again when I have more time to focus on her eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Grits is feeling mighty proud and enjoying her fifteen minutes of fame! Your blog is great, and your photography impressive! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. Next time I want to focus on her beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete