Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tumbleweed

It's been a weird weather day.  We went out this morning to go off-roading in the desert and hike into a slot canyon.  Once we got to the canyon, however, it started raining and the wind really picked up.  Since flooding can happen very quickly in a slot canyon, and can be very dangerous, we decided to head back to the hotel and go on Friday instead.  Since the weather was strange, we just spent some time talking with some nice people we met from Toronto, eating a late lunch and then just reading and relaxing this afternoon.  I realized as I was getting ready for dinner that I hadn't had a camera in my hands all day.  I just couldn't take another mesa photo, however, so I  hiked into the desert behind our room, brought a tumbleweed inside and shot this image. Not exactly what I had in mind, but at least it's a post of something I can't photograph back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment