Friday, January 15, 2010

I had to do another self portrait


Our assignment in photography class this week is to do portraits.  Included in this assignment is a self portrait.  I tried a few today.  In the first one I decided to try to do a serious, sad expression.  It really didn't work at all....I looked like an ad for an anti-depressant.  It made me laugh out loud.  This one, as bad as it is, is the best I could get.  I made a quick decision to not do a close-up self portrait.  In fact I looked at a lot of self portraits today and the only good ones I could find were of babies, young, nubile beautiful people, ancient (80-90+) people whose wrinkles made them look wise or exotic people.  Normal, middle-aged women were just not in the mix.  So, I'll figure out a different way to do a self portrait and hopefully find some good friends to photograph this week.  Wish me luck..... (Actually this is the post from yesterday, but I noticed that somehow the commentary disappeared, so I tried to edit it and it reposted to today....the mystery of technology).

No comments:

Post a Comment